It’s hard not to notice the effects humanity has had on the planet—from landfills piling up with garbage to global warming, our habits have a direct effect on the world around us. Most of us recycle now, and we all know the importance of using fuel-efficient vehicles, alternative energy and other environmentally-friendly practices.
The more you can adopt a “green” lifestyle, the better off the planet will be, and that goes for your cleaning products, too. Many people assume that green products are more expensive, harder to find and don’t work as well, but this actually couldn’t be further from the truth. When renting or buying equipment from Valley Hotsy, we’d be glad to recommend a selection of biodegradable cleaning products in Columbus, GA that are guaranteed to get the job done quickly and affordably.
Here’s why it’s important to prioritize green products whenever possible:
- It’s better for the environment: Naturally, the number one reason to use environmentally-friendly products is because it benefits the environment. They use products that are safe for humans, animals and the world around us, often come in sustainable, recyclable packaging and won’t harm your indoor air quality. Using green products is one of the easiest ways you can have a positive impact on your immediate and overall environment.
- It can often be less expensive: In many cases, you can make your own green household cleaners, which often utilize cheap ingredients like baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and more. These are less expensive than pre-made cleaners with harsh, harmful chemicals and get the job done just as well. For heavy duty projects and equipment like power washers, Valley Hotsy’s line of green cleaning additives will wash down any equipment or possession just as well as traditional cleaners.
- They smell better: Do you enjoy the smell of bleach or ammonia? Most people don’t—harsh chemicals are not only bad for the environment, but they also smell awful. In fact, these chemical scents can cause dizziness and nausea if used in a poorly ventilated space. Vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil are much more pleasant, and have a natural scent that shouldn’t cause health issues.
- They’re gentler on your equipment and possessions: Harsh chemical cleaners don’t differentiate between dirt and the object you’re cleaning—they will wear down both equally over time. Using environmentally-friendly green products is gentler on your equipment and possessions, helping them last longer.
- They’re safer for children, pets and septic systems: Safety is another important consideration when you have children, pets and a septic system. Septic systems need specific products that are safe to send out for bacterial water purification, while children and pets have a tendency to get into hazardous situations. Stocking your home with biodegradable cleaning products in Columbus, GA is the best way to prevent accidental poisonings and protect the groundwater supply from contamination.
When you need high-quality cleaning products for your power washer and more, Valley Hotsy has you covered. Reach out to us today to learn more about our selection.