Air compressors are necessary tools for commercial and industrial applications, but they’re also useful for the average homeowner. The power of pressurized air can take some of the heavy lifting and labor out of your home improvement projects, as well as make everyday tasks a little easier. If you’ve been wondering what the most useful air compressor accessories in Columbus, GA might be, here’s an overview:
- Hoses and hose reels: While most air compressors come with a hose out of the box, many users buy upgraded versions—whether to improve length or durability, a better hose offers more functionality. Hoses come in both recoil (self-retracting) and traditional retractable hose types. If you purchase a retractable hose, you might want to purchase a hose reel to store it properly and protect the hose from damage.
- Tool attachments: Tool attachments are the most fun accessories to buy, hands down. Drills, nail guns, sanders and blow guns are all must-haves for home improvement and DIY projects—they allow you to perform tasks easily and precisely, thanks to the additional power of compressed air. You can also use your air compressor to power a paint sprayer, making a home repainting job quicker than ever.
- Filters: Filters are a necessary investment—over time, your air compressor’s existing filter will collect dirt, debris, oil and dust. If you don’t change it regularly, you risk clogging the filter and impeding your air compressor’s function. Always have another filter on hand to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Adapters and fittings: Whenever you get tool attachments, make sure you have the right fittings and adapters to connect them to your air compressor. Over time and with use, the attachments can degrade, so you may need to replace them from time to time.
- Roll cages: Some air compressors come with roll cages, which protect the compressor from punctures and other issues, while others need to be purchased separately.
- Air regulators: Air regulators help you pinpoint the right type of air pressure for your tool attachments.
- Aftercoolers: Aftercoolers are heat exchangers that help disperse excess heat produced by using your air compressor for extended periods of time.
- Air line lubricators: Finally, air line lubricators add lubricant to assist the tool attachments, dispersing it along with the compressed air. This helps your attachments run properly and keeps them from overheating.
Getting the right accessories for your air compressor can increase your productivity and help you enjoy the projects you take on—let your air compressor do the work for you!
Get useful air compressor accessories in Columbus, GA
For everything to do with pressure washers and air compressors, including sales, maintenance and accessories, Valley Hotsy is your best source. We carry the top brands in industrial, commercial and residential air compressors, and with over 30 years of experience under our belts, we can help you find and select the right tools and accessories for your needs. Let us help you get outfitted for your next project—give us a call today to learn more or check our stock.