Are you used to using pressure washers in Columbus, GA? Whether you just purchased your first pressure washer or you have been using them for years, there is one blind spot many pressure washers owners have: keeping their pressure washers well maintained.
Why worry about keeping your pressure washer in good condition? Well, the answer to that is a simple one: you want to keep it working as well as possible, for as long as possible! Fortunately, pressure washer maintenance does not have to be very hard. Here are a few tips to keep in mind for those who own pressure washers in Columbus, GA:
- Before using: Before using your pressure washer, you will need to inspect each individual part to ensure it is clean and not warped or damaged. Check that your oil and gasoline levels are high, but not overfilled. Test the spray gun trigger and trigger lock, and make sure the detergent siphoning tube is not clogged.
- After using: After the job is done, you will also want to take special steps before putting your pressure washer away. Rinse detergent from the washer, and relieve pressure by turning all functions off and unplugging the machine. Make sure all triggers are properly locked, and remove excess water from the pump. Finally, clean off any debris that has collected on the pressure washer.
- Proper storage: After you have completed your after-use checklist, it is time to store your pressure washer in a safe place. Keep it in a dry, protected area where it won’t risk getting wet and damaged. Cover it with a material that will not hold moisture if possible. Double-check to make sure the machine is free of detergent, water and debris.
- Neat and clean: There are also some general steps you will want to follow every now and then to ensure that your pressure washer stays in great shape for as long as possible. These include regularly checking for clogs, lubricating the hose connections, replacing O-rings, clearing vents of any debris, and inspecting both the spark arrester and the muffler.
- Ask a professional: Keeping a pressure washer in good shape is important to you—and it is also important to the expert professionals who sold you the machine. If you are not sure about the best maintenance procedures for your particular brand or model of pressure washer, ask the experts. Chances are they will be happy to help by offering their guidance.
Keeping pressure washers in Columbus, GA in good shape does not have to be a tricky or intimidating process. In fact, once you understand the basics, it will quickly become part of your regular routine.
Now that you are aware of some of the best tips for pressure washer maintenance, you can rest assured that your pressure washer will stay in good shape for many years to come. If you are in the market for a new pressure washer, or would just like to learn more, we hope you will get in touch with the team at Valley Hotsy.