Whether you own your own repair shop or just love to tinker around in your garage, there are vehicle lifts in Columbus, GA that are right for you. In a car shop, vehicle lifts are an essential piece of equipment—without them, there would be no good way to get to many of the parts of a car or truck that need to be repaired!
There are many different types of vehicle lifts on the market, and which one you choose will depend on a variety of factors. Be sure to contact a reliable vehicle lift company to get expert advice before you purchase.
No two lifts are exactly the same
There are lifts for all types of automotive uses. For example, there are lifts designed for cars, others for motorcycles and others for trucks. With the right lift, you can fix just about any type of vehicle—but choose with care, as you don’t want to cause damage to yourself, your machinery or the vehicle you’re trying to repair.
Learn about the lifts available to you
The best first step toward purchasing the right lift is to read up on your options. As you learn, remember to think about how you will be using your lift. Do you have a dedicated warehouse space, or are you using your home garage? How much do you plan to use your lift? What type of vehicles will you be working on? Here are a few common options to consider:
- Electric and hydraulic car lifts: These lifts utilize a pump that compresses a special fluid and pushes it through a set of cylinders. These cylinders then lift your car. Electric and hydraulic lifts have plenty of power, and are also popular for their safety.
- Mechanical automotive jacks: These lifts function by utilizing levers, screws, pins, pedals and bolts to raise the platform on which your vehicle rests and lower it after you’re finished with your work.
- Pit or in-ground auto lifts: These lifts are usually hydraulic powered, or use a mix of electric and hydraulic power. They are convenient if you have a below ground workspace and want a lift to sit flush with the surface so you can take maximum advantage of your space. They are very sturdy, and can safely handle an impressive amount of weight.
- Car parking lifts: This type of lift is helpful for anyone who wants to store several cars, especially for a space-saving environment, as it stacks one vehicle above the other.
- Motorcycle lifts: These types of lifts come in many different shapes and sizes, from manual power driven varieties to hydraulic and electric or air driven.
When it’s time to choose from among the many types of vehicle lifts in Columbus, GA, make sure to consult an expert who can evaluate your needs and help you make an informed and rewarding buying decision. Get in touch with the team at Valley Hotsy today for more information and to learn more about our selection of vehicle lifts.