Pressure washers are powerful tools, and if not used properly, they can create damage to the surface you are spraying or cause injury to you or others nearby. You need to take some precautionary steps when using a pressure washer in Columbus, GA to better ensure that you will remain safe during its operation and use. Keep these safety tips in mind when you are working with your pressure washer to avoid injury and any potential mishaps that could occur:
- Wear eye protection: You want to make sure you have the right protective gear on when using a pressure washer in Columbus, GA, and this includes wearing goggles. This will help protect your eyes from getting hit by the pressure washer’s powerful spray and will ensure you don’t get an eye injury in the process.
- Use gloves: Just like your eyes, you also need to protect your hands, and wearing gloves will do just that. This will prevent the pressure washer’s spray from coming into contact with your skin, which could result in your being cut by the direct spray. It is better to be safe than sorry, so be sure to wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Put on rubber-soled shoes: Because the surface you are cleaning with your pressure washer in Columbus, GA can become slippery when it gets wet, you want to wear a good pair of rubber-soled boots or shoes. This will give you a firm foothold and make sure you don’t slip or fall. Never wear open-toed shoes, as this is just an injury waiting to happen. Proper footwear will keep you safe and eliminate any potential falls during the operation of your pressure washer.
- Avoid enclosed spaces: If you are operating a gasoline-powered pressure washer in Columbus, GA, you want to avoid using it in a confined space that will not allow for ventilation. If fumes from the engine can’t properly dissipate, your breathing could be negatively affected. Be sure to only use a gasoline-powered pressure washer in Columbus, GA in an open area.
- Keep extension cords clear: When you are operating an electric pressure washer, you will want to make sure all of the cords are clear from where you are working, as this could create a trip hazard. You also want to make sure they are not placed in standing water. Keeping these cords clear will ensure you have a safe environment.
- Keep away from children and pets: You never want to point the spray of a pressure washer in Columbus, GA at a child or pet. This could severely harm them, as the stream of water coming from the pressure washer is quite powerful and could hurt them very easily. Clear all children and pets from your work area before you begin pressure washing to keep everyone safe.
Keeping safe while you are using a pressure washer in Columbus, GA will make sure no one gets injured or hurt while you are using the machine. No one wants their project to result in a trip to the hospital, so be safe at all times when operating your pressure washer.
To learn more about the safe use of pressure washers, or to purchase, rent or repair a press washer, contact Valley Hotsy today.