There are many options when it comes to pressure washers in Columbus, GA. They all depend on the job you need accomplished and the types of items that need cleaning. If you are looking at purchasing or renting a power washer, here are the types you will see available in the market:
- Electric: A majority of pressure washers sold in the consumer market are electric. They are perfect for lighter projects like getting the green scum off patio furniture or washing cars. The electric motor is cleaner than a gas engine and works well for consumers who prefer to not store gasoline in their garages. However, you will need to consider power cord length. Many models advise against using an extension cord so check that out before planning a cleaning project that covers a large area.
- Gasoline: Pressure washers that run on gasoline have powerful motors. You can use them for decks, patios and even the exterior of your second story. Since you do not need an outlet for them, there is also more mobility. Many models have a crank-pull start like a lawn mower, but some have electric starters. If you choose a gasoline model, make sure you use the correct type of fuel.
- Light duty: Each pressure output is measured in pounds per square inch (PSI). Many electric pressure washers fall under light duty, which includes appliances rated below 2,000 PSI. You can use them for cars, trucks, boats and outdoor furniture. They can usually handle driveways and sidewalks, too.
- Medium duty: These machines rate between 2,000 and 2,800 PSI. They work best for items that require a bit of extra cleaning power. Normally, fences, sidewalks, driveways and home siding do well with light duty washers, but if you have not cleaned these areas for a while, you may be better off investing in a medium duty pressure washer.
- Heavy duty: When you choose a pressure washer rated heavy duty, you are looking at 2,900 to 3,300 PSI. If you are looking at preparing your house for painting, this is a good option if your house is fairly clean. You will want to keep this one away from cars, trucks and boats, since it can strip off the paint. However, if you have a moss-covered sidewalk or driveway, this will definitely do the trick.
- Extra heavy duty: All pressure washers rated at 3,300 PSI and higher are considered extra heavy duty. When you have a big painting prep job on a larger home that also needs more help, you want to go extra heavy duty. In fact, when you hire professionals to paint your house, they will most likely use this type of pressure washer. However, you will never want to use this type on cars or decks, since you will strip them. If you use them on a driveway or sidewalk, do so with caution.
Valley Hotsy sells several well-known brands of pressure washers in Columbus, GA. Call us today to see what type will work well for you.