Pressure washers in Columbus, GA have many uses. Their accessories make them easier to use and will help you access hard-to-reach areas. If you are looking at purchasing a power washer or feel overwhelmed by the accessories you could rent with one, here is an overview of some options:
- Nozzle tips: For most jobs, you only need one type of nozzle, but there may be times when the water spray requires a different shape. Some are made to clean fine areas, like the cracks in sidewalks or around embellishments on your home or deck. Others work to cover a wide area so you can clean large driveways quicker. You can also choose lower pressure tips when you are washing cars, boats or other items that can become dented.
- Adjustable wands: Besides the nozzles, you can also adjust the main wand. It will change the spray pattern from narrow to wide, or adjust the pressure. This puts more control right in your hands so you can adjust quickly when the need arises. Sometimes, you really need to power-blast that moss, but other times, the grease around your car axles may not be as bad as it initially appeared.
- Interchangeable wands: Sometimes, you need more than a nozzle adjustment. A wand change can also affect the spread of the water. You will need to find the right combination for the job, and fortunately, the switch-off is easy enough that a trial-by-error process does not take too much time.
- Rotating nozzles: These allow spray to disburse in a circular motion. You will cover area better in some projects, and will also be able to reduce the pressure if you are cleaning a deck or car that you do not want to risk getting stripped.
- Detergents: If your deck is growing moss or a particularly hard winter has made your driveway look murky, adding a detergent with your power washing helps with your cleanup. Choose your detergent carefully, since you are unlikely to use the same soap for your car that you just used to clean oil from your driveway. There are as many options available in this category as there are types of pressure washers.
- Detergent tanks: For the big, extra-messy jobs, you can purchase an attached detergent tank. You will have to refill less frequently, and since these are normally transparent, you will know when you are getting low. That way, you can top off before you run out.
- Brushes: It is a bad idea to clean windows with high-pressure spray. Adding a brush allows you a clear view without risking a glass explosion. You can also use brushes to scrub a truck after you go four wheeling, and for any other project where you require more than just water flow.
- Extension wands: If you need to reach gutters or higher stories on your home, an extension wand will make a huge difference. With some models, you can combine it with a brush and catch those second or third story windows, too.
For the best accessories and choices in pressure washers in Columbus, GA, talk to a sales representative at Valley Hotsy today.