Although the harsh winter months are behind us, what’s not gone is the mess that winter left behind. Dirt, grime, mildew and stains may be unsightly on your outdoor surfaces and equipment, but now that the storms have settled and spring has arrived, it’s time to wash all that mess away. Make this task as painless as possible by using an easy-to-handle pressure washer in Columbus, GA for spring cleaning. A pressure can be used on the following elements of your exterior property:
- Roof gutters: The major rains have likely passed, so get up there and clean both the inside and outside of your rain gutters before debris dries and cakes. Using a pressure washer, you can either leave downspouts attached while spraying leaves, dirt and other green debris out from your gutters, or for clogged gutters or spouts, detach downspouts and place them on the lawn so you can see the clog while spraying.
- Outdoor furniture: If you want to be able to use your outdoor furniture this spring and beyond, then you must take care of it. Outdoor furniture sitting out in the open or on uncovered decks and patios, like benches, swings, lawn furniture and picnic tables, tends to get ravaged by the elements. And while it will certainly weather over time, furniture should not be left dirty or stained. Even patio furniture protected under a roof can collect dirt, dust and pollen or get wet from whipping winter rains. Remember to use a gentler pressure setting on furniture with paint or finish.
- House siding: Your house siding is the exterior wall surface that acts as structure stability to some degree, as well as a protective shield against the weather. Unless you do frequent perimeter checks, you may not notice just how dirty your siding gets. Dirt buildup occurs every day, but over time, over the course of many the seasons and from being kicked up off the ground, more grime settles and mold and mildew may even form. For a thorough wash, an environmentally friendly cleaning solution can be added to the water in pressure washers.
- Driveways and walkways: It’s a good bet your driveway and the walkways around your home are not supposed to be black or green. What you’ve got on your hands is embedded dirt, or algae growth that can cause slippage. Whether concrete, stone, brick or wood, use a pressure washer in Columbus, GA to wash off the areas that get frequent foot traffic—the surfaces as well as in-between seams and slab gaps.
- Large vehicles and farm equipment: It’s a definite “yes” that working vehicles like tractor trailers, farm machinery, riding lawn mowers and ranch tractors can use a good cleaning this spring. When used correctly, a pressure washer is perfect for such a task. From roofs to bumpers to tire treads, say goodbye to caked-on mud and bid farewell to allergy-inducing pollen!
Now that you have an idea of what a pressure washer can do for your home and property this spring, contact the team at Valley Hotsy today to shop for a quality pressure washer in Columbus, GA.