Choosing which kind of vehicle lift is right for you and your auto repair shop can be a lot harder than you might have thought. While each vehicle lift essentially performs the same function, there are many different types of vehicle lifts in Columbus, GA, each with its pros and cons. Listed below are a few different kinds of vehicle lifts on the market; hopefully this information will help make your purchasing decision easier:
- Two post lifts: Two post vehicle lifts in Columbus, GA are probably the most popular types of vehicle lifts. They’re small enough to fit in a variety of work spaces, and versatile enough to handle a variety of different types of vehicles. In fact, the two post lifts we sell are compatible with all of the top 20 selling vehicles on the market.
- Four post lifts: While the two post lifts we sell can handle a ton of different makes and models, you’ll have to purchase a four post vehicle lift if you’re working with larger vehicles. To make a comparison, two post lifts can handle vehicles that weigh up to 10,000 pounds. Four post lifts, on the other hand, can lift vehicles that weigh up to 60,000 pounds! However, in order to install a four post lift, your shop will need to be bigger and also have a higher ceiling.
- Scissor lifts: The double scissor lifts we carry are great for someone who needs a small, but sturdy lift. Our hydraulic-powered double scissor lifts are capable of lifting a 7,500-pound car to a comfortable height for a technician to easily work on a vehicle.
- Alignment lifts: Since wheels don’t stay perfectly aligned forever, adding wheel alignment to your list of car services can be a profitable part of your auto repair business. We sell four post alignment lifts that are perfect for performing wheel alignments and can also be used to service a car or truck’s undercarriage.
- Mid- and short-rise lifts: If you’ve ever run into a situation where your shop has too many cars and not enough open work bays, you probably wish you had one or two portable vehicle lifts. Our mid- and short-rise lifts can be easily moved around to different parts of your workshop, and are perfect for servicing tires and brakes for cars and lightweight trucks.
- Home garage lifts: If you don’t own an automotive repair shop, and just need something for your personal use, we can still help you out! We can offer you two different types of four post lifts that can be used in any garage for do-it-yourself projects, or for extra storage space for a special vehicle you don’t drive very often.
At Valley Hotsy, we sell a variety of vehicle lifts in Columbus, GA designed to meet the needs of a wide range of customers. Stop by our store located at today to see what we offer, and allow our friendly staff members to help pick out the right vehicle lift for you.